- Apprenticeships are a proven solution for businesses to recruit, train and retain highly-skilled workers.
- Students learn on the job under the direction of a master or senior worker.
- Industries using apprenticeship programs include over 2,000 diverse occupations.
- The return on investment (ROI) is that employers receive $1.47 for every dollar spent on apprentices. (Department of Labor.)
Metro Tech can help guide you through the process with these SIMPLE STEPS:
1 – EXPLORE
The apprentice program is an employer-driven model that combines on-the-job learning with related classroom instruction that increases the skill level and wages.
2 – PARTNER
Metro Tech can help guide your business to learn the different types of apprenticeship programs and how the different models can be customized to fit your needs.
3 – BUILD
With a strong partnership in place, the next step is to design and build your apprenticeship program with Metro Tech’s guidance
4 – LAUNCH
The partnership formed with Metro Tech is essential to successfully launching and sustaining your apprenticeship program.
BENEFITS for Businesses
- A flexible training strategy that can be integrated into current training and human resource development strategies
- Helps businesses recruit and develop a highly-skilled, stable and qualified workforce
- Increases productivity and knowledge transfer
- Reduces turnover costs and increases employee retention
- Industry-driven and flexible training solutions to meet national and local needs
- Customizable training that ensures employees develop the right skills
- Fosters greater employee loyalty
- Creates a more diverse workforce
- Positive impact to your bottom line
- Nationally recognized credentials
LET US HELP YOU LEARN MORE
Lynda Speller, Coordinator
Metro Technology Centers
Office of Apprenticeship
1900 Springlake Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73111