This major prepares students to provide instructional assistance to children under the direction of a licensed teacher in early care and education facilities. Students are taught health and safety, guidance, curriculum, and nutrition in a classroom/laboratory setting as well as in a supervised practicum experience. Upon successful completion of Teacher Assistant, the student is also recognized as having met the Entry Level Child Care Training (ELCCT) requirements.
Child Care Training Center
The Metro Tech Child Care Training center is Located on the Springlake Campus in Oklahoma City. It houses a full-time career major program and short-term courses in Early Care and Education.
It is also a functioning daycare center which can be utilized by students, staff and the community. Features about the daycare center:
- 6:30 am-5:30 pm
- DHS approved, NAEYC guidelines
- Experienced, qualified staff
- Ages 6 weeks through 5 years
- After school program for K-6th grade. Transportation from schools provided in northeast area. (Call 405-427-1034 for more information.)
- Affordable rates
- Financial assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch and snack included
- No registration fee
- Priority enrollment given to Metro Technology Centers students and staff
For more information or to enroll your child in the Child Care Training Center, please call (405)595-4751.