Mr. Aaron Collins
"I am enthusiastic about working closely with local businesses, our students, our partners, our community and Metro Tech's faculty and staff across the Oklahoma City Metro."
About Mr. Aaron Collins
Superintendent/CEO Aaron Collins' new decade of leadership of Metro Tech began July 1, 2020.
Oklahoma holds a special place in the heart of Collins. It was at Oklahoma Christian University (OC) where his journey in education excellence began.
Collins graduated from OC in 1999 and received the School of Education Distinguished Alumni Award in 2014. He holds an Education Specialist degree from OC and a Master of Science degree in Instructional Leadership from Tennessee Technological University.
His enthusiastic style is contagious. He is passionate about quality career training and empowering others to do their best. His weekly YouTube videos communicate the activities of the district and inspire the staff as they serve students, business clients, partners and the community.
Collins has over 20 years’ experience in education serving as a teacher, coach, building administrator, and most recently as superintendent at Fulton County Schools in Kentucky where he worked extensively in workforce development. He was instrumental in creating the state and nationally recognized Four Rivers Career Academy; training local community members for job opportunities and creating a welding certificate program for Fulton County Detention Center inmates. For his efforts, he was awarded the Regional Educators President's Award from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in February.
In his spare time, he enjoys jogging, golf, playing basketball and traveling with his family. He and his wife Chanelle have four children: Caleb, Daniel, Abigail and Lydia.
To arrange for a speaking engagement, please see the Media Requests link or click here to send an email.
Summary of Experience, Qualifications, Certifications and Recognitions
- Work Ready in Progress for Fulton County
- West Kentucky Work Ready Skills Initiative
- Juvenile Justice Fiscal Incentive Program
- West Kentucky GEAR UP and SOAR Grant
- Superintendent and CEO
Metro Technology Centers
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2020 - present
- Superintendent of Schools
Fulton County Schools, Fulton Kentucky
2013 - 2020
Sebree Elementary Schools
- Assistant Principal
Walker County Schools
- Middle School Teacher
Walker County Schools
2005 – 2006
- High School History Teacher
Marion County Schools
- United States Air Force, Health Management Support Specialist in support of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm
- All But the Dissertation (ABD), Tennessee State University
- Educational Specialist, Tennessee Technological University
- Masters in Education, Tennessee Technological University
- Bachelors of Science in Education, Oklahoma Christian University, 1999
- Associates of Arts, Education and Sports Recreation, Florida College
- Oklahoma Educator, Oklahoma State Department of Education, Oklahoma
(Superintendent, Secondary Principal, Elementary Principal, Mid-Level Social Studies, U.S. History/Government/Economics, World History/Geography)
- School Superintendent, Instructional Leadership, Kentucky
- Principal all grades, Instructional Leadership, Kentucky
- Grades 5 through 9, Teaching Middle Grades Social Studies, Kentucky
- Grades 8 through 12, Teaching Social Studies, Kentucky
Honors and Awards
- Regional Educators President’s Award, West Kentucky Community & Technical College, 2020
- Fulton County Area Technology Center, Partner of the Year, 2016
- Community Spirit Award, The People of Diversity, NAACP of Hickman, KY 2015
- Oklahoma Christian University Distinguished Alumni Award, School of Education, 2014
- Kentucky Colonel, 2012